. . . That I'd say again. We all have lines that we really liked in our work, right? Well, pick ten (10) lines you've used and adored, and use them as prompts for other drabbles or one shots or . . . y'know, whatever.
If you choose to do this challenge, please put 10 Things I've Said somewhere in the summary, okay? That way I can see it!
Categories: Anime/Manga, Rants, Books, Articles, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, Poetry, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio, Wrestling Characters: None
1. Any fandom, any characters, any point of view, any sort of pairing or lack thereof.
2. I don’t really care what you do with the prompts. Want to quote them? Fine. Want to use them as a general idea? Fine. Think the prompt is a little long and want to shave it down? Fine. Want to look up the rest of the song and use it as a song fic? Also fine!
3. Write your responses as long or as short as you want. This can be a collection or a whole story. It’s up to you.
4. Feel free to do these in any order you desire.
5. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My details can be found on my profile.
1. “So your tears fell and melted the snow. You told me secrets nobody had known, but I never loved you more even though now I knew what you did.” –Oh My Dear, Tenth Avenue North
2. “You’re a liar, but I’m a coward, so I can’t throw a stone. We’re so imperfect, but so worth it, because we’re not alone.” –We Fall Apart, We As Human
3. “Times will be bad, times will be good; things I wish I hadn’t done and some I wish I would.” –American Noise, Skillet
4. “It’s been fun, but now I’ve got to go. Life is way too short to take it slow, but before I go and hit the road, I gotta know ‘til then: When can I see you again?” –When Can I See You Again?, Owl City
5. “You act like you don’t know me when you see me on the street, acting like I turn you off when I know you think I’m sweet.” –Why Not?, Hilary Duff
6. “Guess what? I'm not a robot, a robot. Can you teach me how to feel real? Can you turn my power off?”—I Am Not a Robot, Marina and the Diamonds
7. “Only know you've been high when you're feeling low. Only hate the road when you’re missin' home. Only know you love her when you let her go, and you let her go.” –Let Her Go, Passenger
8. “Come with me now. Look and see how there’s an ocean overflowing with our hope. So let’s jump in and take a swim. It’s you and me forever.” –One Drop, Plumb
9. “Sometimes I, I just want to close my eyes and act like everyone's alright, when I know they're not.”—I Refuse, Josh Wilson
10. “I couldn’t understand. You wouldn’t take my hand. I watched you fall into the ocean below.”—Overboard, Manafest
11. “And we started at zero and went different ways, now we're all out here wasting away. And if we started at zero, then how did things change? Seems like just yesterday thinks were the same.” –Zero, Hawk Nelson
12. “In the end, everyone ends up alone. Losing her, the only one who’s ever known who I am, who I’m not, who I wanna be.” –You Found Me, The Fray
13. “Lonely and forgotten, never thought she’d look my way, and she smiled at me and held me, just like she used to do. Like she loved me, when she loved.” –When She Loved Me, Sarah McLachlan
14. “Just another day to punch the clock. I’d do anything to make it stop. Can’t take it much longer; I just need something stronger.” –Turn it On, Hawk Nelson
15. “So how can you see what your life is worth, or where your value lies? You can never see through the eyes of man. You must look at your life, look at your life through Heaven’s eyes.” –Heaven’s Eyes, Brian Stokes
16. “I will be brave. I will not let anything take away what’s standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this.” –A Thousand Years, Christina Perri
17. “Well, does he leave a little note to tell you you are on his mind? Send you yellow flowers when the sky is grey? Hey! He’ll find a new way to show you, a little bit every day. That’s how you know, that’s how you know: he’s your love.” –That’s How You Know, Amy Adams
18. “Baby, close your eyes. Don’t open ‘till the morning light. Don’t ever forget we haven’t lost it all yet. All we know for sure is all that we’re fighting for.” –Syndicate, The Fray
19. “If I have to jump, then I’ll jump and I won’t look down. You can cry, you can fight, we can scream and shout. I’ll push and pull until your walls come down and you understand I’m gonna be around ‘cause I’m sticking with you.” –Sticking with You, Addison Road
20. “And I can feel fire in the night. Waiting here, baby, it’s like we’re walking on a wire through the fear. Take my hand. We’ll get there.” –Sooner or Later, Mat Kearney
21. “I try and try to understand the distance in between the love I feel, the things I fear, and I every single dream.” –I’ll Try, Jonatha Brook
22. “I can’t sleep tonight, so tell me one more time: When I dream, it will be you that’s on my mind. It’s my heart you hold, so never let it go. I still love you like I loved you long ago.” –Long Ago, Hawk Nelson
23. “All we are, and all we want. Forty years come and gone. All we are in photographs will never be taken.” –Absolute, The Fray
24. “Wrap your arms around me, I know, trying hard not let to go. Every time I stand up I fall without you. When you wrap your arms around me, I know, with me wherever I go. Nothing else matters at all when you’re here.” –Arms Around Me, Hawk Nelson
25. “It’s just one more day. No one said there would be rain again. Won’t blame it on myself. I’ll blame it on the weatherman.” –Blame it on the Weatherman, B-Witched
26. "How much longer will this keep getting stronger? I wonder what she’s doing when I’m singing myself to sleep. ‘Cause he’s a faker, so see you later. I wonder when you’ll realize that she means a lot more to me.” –Definitely Maybe, FM Static
27. “And all this time saying you were fine, and everyone still to blame. Well, there you are, you and your broken heart. It’s written all over your face.” –Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful, Seabird
28. “Storybook endings, fairy tales coming true. Deep down inside, we want to believe they still do. In our secretest heart, it’s our favorite part of the story. Let’s just admit we all want to make it, too.” –Ever Ever After, Carrie Underwood
29. “He was a simple boy; he just liked to have fun. He never wanted to be just like his dad was. He was a dreamer but he had never had none, who made the most of his life but never had one.” –Head On Collision, Hawk Nelson
30. "We used to keep our hearts safe. We kept them safe and locked away, but then we grew up learning that life could serve us in a better way.” –Hearts Safe (A Better Way), Tenth Avenue North
31. “As he begins to raise his voice, you lower yours and grant him one last choice: Drive until you lose the road, or break with the ones you’ve followed. He will do one of two things: He’ll admit to everything, or he’ll say he’s just not the same, and you’ll begin to wonder why you came.” –How to Save a Life, The Fray
32. “All those days chasing down a daydream. All those years living in a blur. All that time never truly seeing things the way they were. Now she’s here, shining in the starlight. Now she’s here, suddenly I know.” –I See the Light, Mandy Moore; Zachary Levi
33. “If only I could be the hero heartthrob in the pictures by her bed. She wants someone who’s perfect, like the stories in her head.” –Imaginary Boys, LeetStreet Boys
34. “So here we go again: the same fight we’re always in. I don’t care, so why pretend? Wake me when your lecture ends.” –It’s Not Me It’s You, Skillet
35. “It’s over. It’s over. Twelve days later, and I can’t start over. I left her. She hates me. We’ve been friends since 1990.” –It’s Over, Hawk Nelson
36. “Look like the boy too shy, ain’t gonna kiss the girl. Ain’t that sad? Ain’t it a shame? Too bad. He’s gonna miss the girl.” –Kiss the Girl, Samuel Wright
37. “I made a mess of me. I wanna get back the rest of me. I’ve made a mess of me. I want to spend the rest of my life alive.”—Mess of Me, Switchfoot
38. “It’s scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls. It comes awake, and I can’t control it. Hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head. Why won’t somebody come and save me from this? Make it end.” –Monster, Skillet
39. “On and on we go. Come, love, take my hand. On and on we go, as you run away again. On and on we go, back to where this all began.” –On and On, Tenth Avenue North
40. “Cheer up and dry your damp eyes, and tell me when it rains, and I’ll blend up that rainbow above you, and shoot it through your veins. ‘Cause your heart has a lack of color, and we should have known that we’d grown up sooner or later, ‘cause we wasted all our free time alone.” –Rainbow Veins, Owl City
41. "Turn the lights down low, walk these halls alone. We can feel so far from so close.” –Ships in the Night, Mat Kearney
42. “Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts, and fan the flame so hot, it melts our hearts. Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out, but not this time.” –Shooting Star, Owl City
43. "We're so close to reaching that famous happy end. Almost believing this one’s not pretend. Let’s go on dreaming, for we know we are so close, so close, and still so far.” –So Close, Jon McLaughlin
44. “If you change your mind, well that’s the way it goes. But I am gonna keep your jeans and your old black hat—‘cause I wanna. They look good on me. You’re never gonna get them back.” –So Yesterday, Hilary Duff
45. “She’s a girl with the best intentions. He’s a man of his own invention. She looked out the window; he walked out the door, but she followed him, and he said, ‘Whatcha looking for?’”—Something that I Want, Grace Potter
46. “Sometimes I don’t want to be better. Sometimes I can’t be put back together. Sometimes I find it hard to believe there’s someone else who could be just as messed up as me.” –Sometimes, Skillet
47. “I’m so sick of it, your attention deficit. Never listen; never listen. I’m so sick of it, so I’ll throw another fit. Never listen; never listen.” –Freak the Freak Out, Victoria Justice
48. “The wind blows colder than before. Foolish me, dreaming that you’re holding me tight.”—Dancing All Alone, Smile.dk
49. “Don’t breathe too deep. Don’t think all day. Dive into work. Drive the other way. That drip of hurts, that pint of shame goes away, just play the game.” –What You Own, Rent
50. “They wanna knock that smile off her face, so she shuts her door, and she writes and dreams. It’s her favorite escape, and she knows it can only get better, so with patience she waits.” –Such a Beautiful Girl, Julianna Hatfield
Categories: Anime/Manga, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio Characters: Various
The challenge here is to use all seven of the prompts below in your story . . .but they have to be lies!
- I don't mind.
- I'm not suspicious.
- I do.
- I'm sorry.
- It's for the best.
- I understand.
- It's true!
Categories: Wrestling, Anime/Manga, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio Characters: None
Categories: TV-Shows/Radio, Anime/Manga, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, Poetry, RPFs Characters: Other, Various
1 Mention this challenge in your summary.
2 It can be as long as you like.
3 Any pairing and any type of writing is accepted.
4 You may use any fandom that you like - or none at all!
5 They do not have to be in order - but the realization, the 'waking up' has to be the last chapter.
Ordinary Dream: Ordinary dreams often mirror real life experiences, but they are full of fantasie. They often have a deeper meaning.
Daydream: A vionary experience - but you are fully awake! It is just your brain that is asleep, trying to find a solution for problems. Or maybe you are just experiencing what a different life could be like.
Nightmare: A haunting dream that scares you to the very core, until you feel completely paralyzed. Weep in fear or kill the beast - either way, the experience is filled with the flames of hell.
Lucid Dream: And suddenly you are aware of your surroundings and you know that this is only a dream. But you can do everything that you want to do - nobody is there to lecture you. You are free to do everything.
Waking Up: The dream is over and reality strikes back. What's left are precious memories that are forever stuck in your brain - and heart.
Categories: Anime/Manga, Articles, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio, Webseries, Writing Contests Characters: None
Here’s the deal: Take a fairytale, preferably one that’s well known, though it doesn’t have to be. Then, rewrite it in the context of your chosen fandom!
Here’s the twist: No AUs. I want you to completely and utterly fit your rewritten tale into the timeline and structure that already exists in the anime or manga or movie or whatever that you picked. That means no making the reader a princess and setting it in the middle ages. It also means you can’t just slap “Dark!Tsuna” on as the Beast character in a Beauty and the Beast retelling. If you want to use Tsuna in that role, figure out how to make it make sense with his actual characterization. Retell Cinderella with the whole of The Mortal Instruments and not just the characters. Work Sleeping Beauty into Free! without scrapping the high school swim team element. Get my drift?
A few extra details:
1. I use “reader character” when speaking of the female love interest, but feel free to use only canon characters, or even your fandom character if you prefer.
2. Gender swapping the roles is fine. Want to rewrite Rapunzel with Twilight characters and make Edward Rapunzel and the reader character the prince? That’s perfectly fine.
3. Related to the above, do whatever you like with the sexuality of your characters. If you want to rewrite the Little Mermaid with the reader character as the mermaid and Natasha Romanoff as the prince, you go for it. I think asexuality would be difficult in a fairytale, but if you can manage it (or find a good fairytale for that idea), then feel free to do that as well. Seriously, anything goes.
4. The point is to retell a fairytale story while making it believable in the context of your chosen fandom’s canon. That means no making canon characters out of character to suit your purposes, or just lifting plot details and items straight from your fairytale. A ball to choose a wife at isn’t going to make sense in most fandoms, and you’d get more creativity “points” if you used something other than a glass slipper retelling Cinderella.
5. Your fairytale is going to look different than the original. That’s the point. Plan things out. Think outside the box.
6. This challenge is not for drabble or ficlet collections. You must write enough to encompass the fairytale you're retelling. One shots, therefore, are fine, as is writing a novel-length story.
7. Use whatever fandom in whatever media you would like for this.
8. The only limitation is that this challenge is not for original fiction. In that case, you don’t have a fandom to fit the story in and the rest of the rules are moot!
9. You may adapt fairytales in their generally more violent or sad incarnations, or those that have been through "Disneyfication."
Hopefully I gave enough examples that the idea I'm going for here is clear. As always, if you’re interested but don’t quite understand, please feel free to contact me. My contact information can be found on my profile.
Categories: Anime/Manga, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio, Webseries Characters: None
Your challenge is to use the types of love listed below in a story; be it a one-shot, drabble collection, or a full-fledged story—whatever works best!
Feel free to change up the order if you'd like, and have fun.
1. Storage - an affectionate love that slowly develops from friendship, based on similarity
2. Ludus - a love that is played as a game of sport
3. Eros - passionate physical and emotional love based on aesthetic enjoyment
4. Mania - obsessive love; experience great emotional highs and lows; very passionate and jealous
5. Prayma - love that is driven by the head, not the heart; undemonstrative
6. Agape - selfless altruistic love
Categories: Anime/Manga, Books, Comics, Games, MMORPG, Movies, Musicals, Mythology, Originals, RPFs, TV-Shows/Radio, Wrestling Characters: None